If you are not a big meat sandwich eater like me, then you have to be creative when you are making sandwiches. When I was younger my mom always made me peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches for lunch…every day. However, looking back, I realize that eating that particular sandwich was not one of the healthiest I could have been eating. I am still a huge peanut butter fan so I decided to try a new sandwich the other day on Udi’s Gluten Free Bread . Looking around the kitchen for ingredients, I came upon some bananas, a jar of honey and another jar of peanut butter and I thought to myself, what the heck lets combine them all together! I think it was the best decision I have had in a while—and I am not very good at making decisions when it comes to what I should make to eat. :)
To start off this sandwich, gather the ingredients:
1. 1/3 banana, mashed
2. 2 slices of Udi’s Gluten Free Multi-Grain Bread
3. 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
4. tad of butter for the grilling process
And now for the directions:
1. Put peanut butter on one side of both of the bread slices
2. Lightly butter the other side of the bread so you get a nice and crispy outside when you grill it in the pan. (you can choose to do this step whenever. It might be easier to do one slice at the beginning and the other slice of bread after you put it on top of the sandwich)
2. lightly mash up a banana—you still want it a little chunky
3. Place the mashed banana on one piece of the bread
4. In a pan, place the piece of bread with the mashed bananas and peanut butter. Then lightly drizzle honey over it.
5. Place the other slice of bread on top (put butter on the top, if you didn’t already do so)
6. When the bottom slice gets golden brown flip the sandwich over and wait until the same happens on that side.
7. Remove from heat, place on plate, dig in and enjoy <3