I’ve never had or made pasta salad but I thought it would be fun to make my own recipe (: I made this the other night so I could take it to school the next morning. I think it only took me like 20 minutes at most to make so I highly recommend making this if you want to have a quick and yummy lunch! Ps. I only made enough for one serving because I didn’t know how good it was going to taste, but it was DELICIOUS so I will definitely make more next time
When I made this pasta salad I topped it with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper but when I got to school I added some caesar dressing. I liked it plain and with dressing, so it really depends on your mood and what type of dressing you like on your pasta salad.
Ingredients I used:
- 200g gluten free pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 4 baby carrots
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 slices of turkey lunch meat
- 1/3 cucumber
- On medium/high heat, boil around 3 cups of water. Once it starts to boil, add pasta and set a timer for 7 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up your vegetables into bite size pieces!
- Strain pasta when the timer goes off, let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a tuperware or bowl, add pasta, vegetables, turkey, salt, pepper and a little olive oil. Mix together and eat! Or put it in the fridge and take it to lunch tomorrow!
I used MyFitnessPal to figure out the nutritional information (: