These fudgey brownies are the best brownies I have ever tasted…seriously! The taste is almost an exact replica of real brownies, and you cant even tell that there is no gluten, dairy or eggs in them! The chocolate chips provide an amazing oozing chocolatey texture to every single bite, adding to the already rich flavor.
Nutritional Information: For one brownie
153.2 calories, 1.9g protein, 4.9g sugar, 9.5g fat
This recipe was adapted from The Healthy Gluten-Lifestyle cookbook.
- 1/3 cup non-dairy butter (I used Smart Balance)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup baking sweetener (I used a little less than 3/4 cup and added some brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/5 cup Teff Flour
- 1/4 cup Potato Starch
- 1/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 2/3 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips) **optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine non-dairy butter, oil, vanilla and baking sweetener into a mixer. Mix together until creamy
- Add the flours (starches), baking soda and salt one at a time alternating with 1 cup of water. Mix together until fully combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Pour into greased baking pan. I used a 5×9 pan
- Bake for 25 minutes
Makes 15 brownies