Okay, I know fall is coming to an end, but I had a pumpkin in the kitchen and I thought it was about time to do something with it! I see so many different pumpkin recipes on Pinterest and I’ve been wanting to put them to the test. Sadly, when I tried making pumpkin puree it didn’t turn out exactly how it was suppose to…so I put it in the freezer to try another time.
Anyways, back to the pumpkin seeds (: I’ve never roasted pumpkin seeds before so this was a fun experience. These were really easy to make and only too around 30 minutes from start to finish. Check out my snap guide on how to make this delicious snack! How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
~ 1 Pumpkin
~ 1 tsp salt
~ 1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Cut open your pumpkin and remove all the seeds and guts. Place seeds in a bowl as you are removing them. Try to remove all the guts from the seeds themselves as you go.
3. Place seeds in a strainer and rinse under water to remove the slimy texture and residual guts
4. Set on a paper towel to dry
5. In a medium sauce pan, add water and 1tsp salt and bring to a boil
6. Once water is boiling, add pumpkin seeds and simmer for 10 minutes. This gives the seeds a crunchy texture after they come out of the oven.
7. On a baking sheet, spread 1 tsp olive oil around so the seeds won’t stick
8. Place seeds on baking sheet. Spread out to make one even layer
9. Sprinkle with salt and place in the oven for 10 minutes
10. Remove from oven and stir around
11. Put the seeds back in the oven for 10 more minutes
12. Take out of the oven, and eat up!
I was going to try to make cinnamon spiced pumpkin seeds, but since this was my first time making them I decided to play it safe. I am now addicted to pumpkin seeds! They are soooo delicious!