Today my challenge was to make a dessert using millet flour. I’ve heard that this flour has more benefits than normal flour but I wasn’t quite sure what I could do with it. After researching different recipes that involved millet flour, I came across a very simple, quick and delicious recipe for 2.
I’ve always been a fan of banana, chocolate and whipped cream crepes, the messiest crepe of them all. I used to eat these crepes when my friend’s and I would go to the mall in Japan. I haven’t had a crepe in years so I thought this was the perfect dessert to make!
It literally took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make these crepes. So if you are in a hurry, but need to satisfy your sweet tooth, then check out this recipe! This recipe makes enough for two small crepes.
• 1/4 cup millet flour
• 2 tbsp almond meal/flour
• 1 tbsp corn starch
• 1 tbsp xylitol (or sugar)
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup almond milk (you can substitute for regular milk)
• 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
• dash of vanilla
• extra butter to cook the crepes with
1) Combine dry ingredients together, and mix.
2) Add all wet ingredients and whisk together to form the batter.
3) In a pan, add a small amount of butter to cook the crepe in. Pour half of the batter into the pan and use a spoon to create one thin layer.
4) Make your filling. I used 1/2 of a banana, mashed and 1tbsp of peanut butter. It tasted delicious!
5) Fill the crepe with your desired toppings and fillings. Roll up and dig in!
• Fun alternative: Butter & Cinnamon sugar crepes! These were my favorite!