Today’s post is going to be short and sweet. I didn’t really have a lot of time to make these cheese puffs because we had to go out to dinner and weren’t home all day. But today’s challenge was to use tapioca flour to make a dinner item. I decided the easiest thing to do was to create some kind of bread type dish. I scrolled through Pinterest for a good 10 minutes only to find that most recipes using tapioca flour were for Brazilian Cheese Puffs. So, seeing as I had very little time, these seemed like the right dish to create.
Looking back at this recipe (half of the original recipe) I realize that I didn’t add the full amount of tapioca flour which is why mine turned out very flat and not puffy. I added 1/4 cup of tapioca flour, not the required 3/4…whoops!
– 3/4 cup tapioca flour
– 1/2 egg, beaten
– 1/6 cup olive oil (next time I make this I would omit this ingredient)
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/3 cup milk
– 1/3 farmers cheese (or any other cheese)
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl
3) Spoon batter into a greased mini muffin tin.
4) Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown on top.