Wow, I don’t think I have ever made something so quickly. Today I was faced with the challenge of making a Savory dish using Sorghum Flour I was in such a rush after coming home from the gym because I had to make these biscuits and dinner! Boy am I tired, but I managed to cook everything in time and clean up the mess I made! Yay!
I didn’t have time to create my own biscuit recipe but I found an amazing flaky biscuit recipe from Your Homebased Mom that I just had to try out for myself.
Baking bread type dishes without the gluten are sometimes very difficult and usually turn out dense and not very tasty. However, these biscuits are different. They are light, fluffy AND flaky! Who would have thought a gluten-free biscuit could taste so good!
This recipe makes enough for 16 small biscuits
Here’s what you need:
• 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour (I used my blend)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp xylitol (or sugar)
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup butter, cubed
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) Combine dry ingredients. Cut in the cubed butter until it is in small pieces.
3) Add in the milk and eggs and mix together until the dough forms.
4) Lay the dough out on a floured baking surface and roll out using a rolling pin. Roll it out until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
5) Using a biscuit cutter, cut out the individual biscuits and place on a baking tray lined with cooking paper.
6) Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
I served these biscuits along side of my creamy chicken stew. It was absolutely delicious! I am definitely going to have to make these again!