Sometimes when you give up a certain food (like bread) you begin to crave it. So why not create a yummy puff to curb the cravings and still keep you on track with your low carb diet! I’ve seen many posts on Pinterest about “Cloud Bread” and I decided this was the perfect time to test it out! I wasn’t quite sure what it was going to taste like because the only ingredients really are eggs and cream cheese. I know right, how could those ingredients make anything? Well trust me they can, and these babies are good!
First of all, I don’t really know what to call these. I guess they are like bread, but I feel like that isn’t the right term to use. So I’ve decided that I am going to call them puffs. Low Carb Puffs (:
The puffs are very simple and do not require any out of the ordinary ingredients like typical gluten free baked goods (woo hoo!)
3 eggs, separated
3 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp Splenda or other sweetener
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- In a bowl with the egg yolks: add the cream cheese, and sweetener
- In the bowl with the whites: add the cream of tartar and mix on high (using a stand mixer or handheld mixer) until stiff peaks form
- Once peaks form, fold in the egg yolk mix to the egg whites. Do this step carefully so you don’t break the stiffness of the egg whites.
- Scoop mix onto a greased cookie sheet. I was able to make 9 puffs from the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to watch them because they could take more or less time.
Here is what they look like when they come out! I recommend toping them with a little butter and jam or cinnamon sugar! They are mighty delicious!