In honor of my moms low-carb diet, I decided to bake her some more of her favorite fritters (: However, these new and improved fritters have extra ingredients!
I wanted to pack more into these fritters so I added a few more vegetables, some almond meal and hemp seeds. I forgot to add the egg to these so they didn’t stay together when I tried cooking them. So if you make these remember DO NOT FORGET THE EGG. (: If you do though, bake them in the oven at 350 for around 30-45 minutes instead of cooking them in a pan.
Here is what you’ll need:
1 medium zucchini
1 handful of spinach, finely chopped
1/2 cup farmers cheese
1/4 cup almond meal
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1.5 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper
1 tbsp olive oil (or canola oil)
1) Shred the zucchini and squeeze as much water as you can out of the shreds. I recommend using a paper towel to remove the moisture.
2) Shred the mushrooms and add them to the bowl with the zucchini
3) Add the chopped spinach, egg and farmers cheese, and mix together. Until the cheese is evenly spread
4) Add the almond meal, garlic powder, hemp, salt and pepper and mix together.
5) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Scoop the fritters into the pan and let them cook. They can be whatever size you want them to be. Sometimes I make mini ones but this time I decided to make large ones using the large cookie scoop I have.
6) These take quite a while to cook, and there is no exact time as to when you should flip them over. Just keep an eye on them and when they look like they are browning, simply flip them over :)