Overnight oats is the easiest and quickest breakfast for people who have a busy morning. Although my mornings aren’t too buys, I still love to enjoy a yummy breakfast.
I haven’t made overnight oats in quite a while, but the last night I saw a recipe online and decided that I should try one of my favorite breakfasts again.
When you make overnight oats, its really up to you as to what ingredients to use. I like to put strawberries and bananas in mine, but you can add all different types of fruit if you like. You can also add chia seeds, flavored yogurt, nuts and other yummy treats to your breakfast.
I used simple plain yogurt in my recipe, but you can use flavored yogurts if you want too. I am not a huge fan of flavored yogurt because they are very sweet, but try it out!
Here’s the recipe for my Strawberry & Banana Overnight Oats:
- 1/3 cup Raw Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 1/3 banana
- 2 large strawberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Extra ingredients to add on top in the morning (nut butters, jams, jellies, other fruit)
1) Cut the strawberries and banana into bite size pieces.
2) Put all ingredients in a mason jar (or any container with a lid) and mix together.
3) Place jar in the fridge and let it sit overnight.
In the morning add whatever extra toppings you would like. I decided to add a little bit of peanut butter. It was delicious!