There is nothing better than waking up to blueberry scones baking in the oven.
I decided to surprise him this morning by baking him a batch of his favorite blueberry scones. Scones are one of my brother’s favorite bread items–especially blueberry scones. These blueberry scones are to die for. The scones a flaky, moist and bursting with fresh blueberries.
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2-3/4 cup blueberries (can add more if you like)
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy whipping cream until frothy. Then fold into the dry mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Form into scones (using your hands or a large spoon) and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Make sure to whisk the heavy cream.
– You want a thick consistency when adding the wet and dry ingredients together. It should look like it almost won’t hold together.