My mother makes the best quiche I’ve ever had in my entire life. Her typical quiche is filled with green chiles, bacon, and cheddar cheese (so healthy).
I wanted to make a quiche for dinner, and more importantly, make it healthy. I chose to make a vegetable quiche filled with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, green onions, spinach, pesto and a bit of parmesan cheese. If I had mozzarella cheese, I would have used that instead of the parmesan because it has a strong flavor that pairs well with eggs and vegetables.
Pesto Vegetable Quiche
- 1 pie crust
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, in half
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp-1/4 cup pesto
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Form pie crust around a 9-inch pie plate. Poke holes in the crust and cover the edges with foil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, and milk and set aside.
4. When the pie crust is done, remove from oven and turn the heat down to 375F.
5. When the crust is cool, spread a layer of pesto on the bottom.
6. Add the sliced tomatoes.
7. Then add the mushrooms and green onions.
8. Then the spinach.
9. Then the cheese.
10. Add the egg mixture.
11. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked and the quiche is golden brown.